A beautifully scented candle adds warmth and light to our homes. In order to get the most out of your candle it does require some care in order to get the best scent and most of all safest burn possible.
1. The first time you light your candle be sure to let it burn long enough to melt all the wax to the edges of the jar. This will set the stage for a clean burn going forward. This process takes anywhere from 2-4 hours.
2. ALWAYS trim your wick after each light. This is an important part of caring for your candle in order to reduce soot and mushrooming, but most importantly to keep the flame from getting too high and becoming a safety hazard. Simply trimming the wick with scissors or a wick trimmer after the candle cools will ensure proper burning.
3. Extinguish your candle with a snuffer or just dip wick into the melted wax to extinguish the flame. If you do choose to blow out your candle, make sure you do not spatter hot wax.
4. Candle is finished once it only has 1/4" of wax left on the bottom of the jar.
Following these easy care tips will ensure you have the best experience with your candles.